Thursday 2 May 2013

Identity Crisis

'They' say (Whoever these most knowledgable of people always reffered to as 'they' are), that "a break is as good as a rest". Well recently I've had a bit of a break.

Although it appears nobody noticed, I've been away for a while. No blog posts, no tweets for well over a week, no nothing.

One of the reasons I did this was because I've been having a bit of an identity crisis.

The name 'first-time-daddy' has served me well but it's just not ME anymore. When I would tell people about my little corner of the webosphere, I could see people's confusion. It's like being a 31 year old man who still wears nappies. It made sense at a point in time, but now its just silly......very comfortable and practical but silly non-the-less! (I am of course not talking about anybody I know....especially not me...*coughs*)

I'm not a daddy for the first time. I have 2 beautiful boys and quite frankly if Im going to go to the trouble of updating my name then second-time-daddy just won't cut it.
So I made the decision to change my name/brand, whatever you want to call it! If you follow me on twitter you'll hopefully have noticed I have changed my name. From now on I would like you to all call me Barbara. That's got nothing to do with this blog, its just a name I think I would be comfortable being called. But for blogging purposes I will soon be known as DADWHOBLOGS!!

See, that fits so much better!

Although I have already changed my twitter, the blog will soon follow. As part of the change and with a little help from my friends on Twitter, I'm going self hosted. This isn't a quick thing and I want to get it right, so I don't want to rush the new blog.

Now, I know this is risky. I have 750+ followers on twitter some of which are not bots and hopefully they've twigged onto the name change. I also have a couple if readers on this very blog, so hopefully, when I move on, you guys will stick with me!

So there you have it!
To make a long story even longer:
I've had a break that's supposed to feel like a rest! ('They' arent always right)
I don't like the label of first-time-daddy anymore.
I'm changing my name to DadWhoBlogs.
I've already changed my name on twitter.
I will eventually stop posting here and eventually post on my shiney new blog which can be found at www.dadwhoblogs.co.uk

I know you haven't missed me, but I've missed you, and will resume with my usual drivel in due course.

Much love and as always, thanks for reading!
DWB

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo can't wait to see the new blog and I will follow Barbara

    ReplyDelete