Wednesday 27 March 2013

Do you believe in miracles?

" A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway."

I heard this quote the other day and it fits well with the events of this week.

The first little miracle is a modern day Romeo an Juliet.
A story of two young lovebirds from two houses, in the case two different religions, Who's heritage dictated they shouldn't be together. After 8 years of secrecy and the chance either families would be unhappy, these two young starlets finally became man and wife. Trust me, I never thought that would happen! In a civil ceremony, they looked into each others eyes and declared their undying love and commitment to each other. It made me realise just how much I enjoyed our wedding day.

The second little miracles has the all the makings of a Hollywood script.
I've talked previously in this blog bout concerns I had regarding if it was possible for me to have children. Turns out I was worrying over nothing!
Those concerns were born from the knowledge that both my brother and sister had issues having kids. My brother now has a 12 year old boy conceived through the magic of IVF. My sister on the other hand, hasn't been as lucky.

Unlike my brother, my sister didn't need IVF to conceive. She managed just fine without it. The issue was carrying a child. I won't go into detail as I will probably get some of it wrong and some of it is not for me to say, but all I know is this. Over the years my sister and her husband have conceived and lost 7 little beacons of life at various stages BUT, when all hope is lost and you think the path of life is laid out, life has a funny way of throwing you a curveball.

Then I was asked to make 1 of my ever popular (with me anyway) announcement videos!



This week, after all the losses, all the heartache, my sister not only conceived, carried but has now given birth to a beautiful baby boy!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome into the world Morgan Revie born 26/03/13 5lb 11oz.

Both mother and baby are doing great and hope to be home soon.
I hope 1 day, my sister will put her story into words and allow me to share it with you.

I can't start to imagine how hard it might have been seeing her baby brother start a family when she craved a family of her own, but now Morgan has arrived, I know she has so much love to give and he is a very lucky little boy to have parents who love him so much.

Congratulations to my big sister and her husband. If mum and dad are looking down, I'm sure they are bursting with pride on how amazing their kids turned out and how beautiful their grand children are.

As always, thanks for reading.
FTD

*Incase your wondering, that quote came from Men in Black 3. Not the place you'd expect such profound nuggets of wisdom, but it worked in this scenario dammit! Lol

2 comments:

  1. Wow what an emotional time that must have been for them and what a beautiful little boy he is.

    Hope everyone is doing well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!A beautiful baby

    ReplyDelete