Friday 30 March 2012

Reward & Recognition

Reward
Way back when I started this blog a year ago, it was for a small number of reasons. It wasn't to become famous, make money, change the world or anything like that. I used it and still do as a sounding board. I enjoy writing (On a keyboard at least) and I had all these thoughts running round my head. Things to say, things to ask and a year on, I still do.
My reward is when I log in and see the page views. My reward is when I see someone has RT'd my blog post on twitter hoping they have read the post and felt it should be read by their followers. My reward is seeing people comment on a post, either with advice, compliments or something else. My reward is YOU, reading THIS post, so for that, I thank you.

Recognition
Everything I have said above is enough, it really is, but when on top of that, your readers and followers feel you should get a little recognition it really is an amazing thing. Well that's exactly what has happened! I have been nominated AND shortlisted in the BritMums Brilliance in Blogging awards under the Dad category.
This is a massive honour to me and although it's cliche it really is cool just to be nominated, so to be shortlisted is truly awesome. Here's what they say about the awards; "BritMums highlights the best of parent blogging in our Brilliance in Blogging Awards – the BiBs. It’s an opportunity to recognise the most creative, inventive and compelling blogging of the year! IN little more than three weeks' time, the BiBs received more than 12,000 nominations for the 12 different categories."

There are 19 other dads that are in the same category as me and I already follow most of them so I know how talented, entertaining and influential they are in the dad blogging community, so I don't expect to get far, but being on a list with them is pretty good for little ol' me!

If you voted for me before and you helped me get shortlisted, thank you so much, but the voting has started again. So if you still feel I am worth a vote, please either click on the picture below, or you can find a link at the top of the blog.

Thanks again and I hope I live up to being a Bibs nominee!

Dad Shortlist


FTD

0 comments:

Post a Comment