Monday 20 June 2011

So...Week 31

We are into single figures! We are now only 9 weeks away from our due date.
Baby spent week 30 in sunnier climates while the wife took our little bump to Gran Canaria. (If we consider Goa as his/her first holiday which is when we found out, then he/she has been on more holidays than me since then!).
I am much happier now they are home with me safe and sound. I had visions of Christine going into labour on a sunbed and me missing the whole thing, which after the amount of years I have waited for it, would have been devastating!

9 weeks! Every time I say it, it feels closer. A friend of mine is trying to sell her house and when asked how long it would take to process if they made an offer she said 12 weeks. It sounds weird but the due date has felt so far away for so long, to hear somebody have immediate plans further than the due date seems odd. (That make any sense? Didn't think so!)

At week 31 and I think for the last time on our journey, we are still the size of a squash!

*Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (He won't pick up anything from his nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)
*Information and image courtesy of TheBump.com

Not long now and I know we are ready, well as ready as anybody could ever be!

When Christine, came back she told me about a Drag show/cabaret night that her and the girls went to. Part of the night involved standing to have you photo taken with a couple of the performers.  What do you think the first thing I noticed on this photo?

The butch (fe)males that bookend the group? No. The first thing I noticed was how most of the girls had there hand by their sides, but Christine had her hand firmly on her bump. When I asked her why, she simply said. I don’t know.
You gotta love maternal instinct!

PS. If you are into playing the stock market, now is the time to invest in Gaviscon. Christine's started getting heartburn/indigestion, so no doubt the shareholders of said company will be buying a new yacht next year!

PPS. If you could be so kind as to 'Like' my page on facebook, clicky link can be found on the right hand side of this page. Thankyou!

2 comments:

  1. Not long now is right. It's an exciting journey. Oh, and people joke about the sleep dep, but that's quite real. I took off 8 weeks when my little girl was born and probably got a cumulative 1 or 2 nights sleep during that time. ;) Sleep while you can. No joke. And if family and friends offer to help... take them up on it. ~Michael Schmid

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hand on the tummy was one of the clues I picked up when my wife got pregnant the first time. She didn't even notice she was doing it! Awesome stuff. We're one week behind you and it's coming fast! :D

    ReplyDelete